Last night on the ride home from dinner at John and Michelle’s, we passed a couple of patrol cars with their lights on. We were pointing out the lights to Thor and this led, inevitably, to a discussion of fire trucks and a request from him to go see a fire truck. Since we were not about to make a late-night detour to the fire station, I reminded him that he had recently gone with me to the fire station. The local fire department puts on a periodic emergency-preparedness open house and Thor attended with my Cub Scout den. I reminded him that they had let him hold a spraying fire hose and that we had watched them cut the roof off of a car, as they might do at the scene of an accident.
What I had forgotten is that prior to cutting the roof off the car and peeling it back, one of the firemen had used an axe to break the bottom of the windshield away from the car’s frame. It was actually pretty fun to watch. So when we mentioned the car being cut open, Thor suddenly came alive. “HE SMASHED THE CAR OVER!!! SMASHED THE CAR OVER!!” he informed us. For the next twenty minutes or so we were intermittently treated to a replay of how the fireman had “SMASHED THE CAR OVER!!!” I have rarely seen that Piggy so enthusiastic. I think a few demolition derbies are in order – that should really blow his mind.
1 comment:
Next time Riverton has there demolition derby we should all go. My boys would love it too.I can only imagine the conversations Thor and Coen would have during the event. Those boys crack me up.
Post a Comment