Around 1:00 a.m. last night Winnie was screaming her head off, I was lying rigidly in bed trying to ignore her and let her “cry it out” after she had woken up for the third time in as many hours, and suddenly I heard the pitter-patter of little feet and “Mom? Mom? Mom!!!” (that last part spoken with the absolute glee of someone who is thrilled to see you at 1 in the morning). I was less thrilled.
Last night I spent a few hours in my own bed, then a couple of hours in Thor’s bed, where I told him “Close your eyes-- go to sleep” about a million times while he begged me to read him stories at the absurd hour of 3 a.m. I made a couple of trips in to deal with Winnie, and finally brought her to bed with me at 5 a.m. when I realized she might “cry it out” all the way until 6 a.m. when my alarm was scheduled to go off. Fortunately the piggies are quite cute and endearing in the daylight hours.
1 comment:
I just never never knew how two up in the night can be so infinitely worse than just one.
Post a Comment