Loading...

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not what it seems

I mentioned this incident to Annette the other day and it reminded me of how much it amused me at the time, so I thought I would recount it here for your enjoyment.

I've always liked ramen. I rarely eat it plain, but I enjoy tossing in a few frozen veggies and some cheese and cooking it that way. Sometimes I'll go really crazy and add some tuna or something. Anyway, I was at Costco a few months ago with both of the kiddos and I threw a huge box of ramen into the cart along with the diapers.

Some women at the other end of the aisle were observing and one of them said, "Oh, ramen... I remember those days of being a student wife." I was sort of thinking, "Hm. Do they think I'm a student wife? Because I'm a little old for that! I just like ramen!" And then I realized -- "Hey, I am a student wife." It came as a bit of a shock to me. Somehow, though, I don't think my circumstances are at all what they envisioned. It just goes to show that things are rarely what they seem.

1 comment:

The last Unicorn said...

That is funny... little do they know :) I had a friend in college who ate plain ramen for lunch and dinner everyday. He was on a food budget and didnt care much about variety. I wish I could stick to that strict of a budget, but I crave variety. Ramen is good though.