Loading...

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

BACON!

Add bacon to the list of things that Thor inexplicably knows about. We don’t really do bacon at our house – it’s a once in a blue moon type of thing. Not only that, but Thor doesn’t eat meat. He’ll occasionally have a bite or two, but he doesn’t care for it much, so I’m not certain he’s ever eaten bacon. But this morning Jared dropped him off at my mom’s house and a smell of bacon wafted out. Without prompting, Thor charged in and started searching for it. “Bacon? Bacon? Bacon!”
 
Also, he’s been driving me crazy with repeated requests for songs that I don’t know. We sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and The Eensy Weensy Spider and a few others that he also sings in nursery. However, he has lately been asking for a couple of songs and I can’t figure out what they are. One of them he calls “soldier” (at least, that’s what it sounds like to me) and in addition to saying, “soldier, soldier” he clasps his hands together (all nursery songs have actions, of course). At first I thought maybe he was saying “shoulder” from Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes but that apparently wasn’t it (although he likes that song, too). Then there’s one where he says what sounds like “house” and even makes what looks like a roof or something with his fingers. The only thing that came to mind was The Wise Man and the Foolish Man, but he didn’t seem familiar with that song. The problem is, he doesn’t really sing much; he just says the song title and wants me to sing while he does the actions and occasionally chimes in with a few words. So if I can’t figure out what song he is asking for, we’re in trouble.
 
I’m stumped. I’m going to ask the nursery leaders on Sunday what songs they sing to see if I can figure it out. In the meantime, anyone have any ideas?
 

1 comment:

Cara said...

Is it "Do your ears hang low"? You know, "...can you throw them over your shoulder like a contintel soldier..."