Loading...

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Catch up

If any of you are still reading this blog, then you may have noticed that I've failed to document many a noteworthy event lately, including our Christmas vacation in Southern California and our son's first birthday festivities. I promise, though, that I have some good excuses.

Let's start with the mundane: work. My very illustrious employer has kept me insanely busy during the past month or so. In fact, Jared the Longsuffering came and picked me up one night at 2:30 a.m. so I could sleep a bit on the way home. I also had to squeeze in a short-notice trip to NYC, but it was so intensely work-oriented that I traversed only the three blocks between the corporate apartment and the office, and ate pretty much every meal in the basement cafeteria. Basically, the month of January was a complete loss in terms of my personal life. Luckily, our big deadline of the moment is past. Enough about work.

The more important reason for my absence is that I have been deathly ill. Don't worry; it's nothing that the passage of time won't cure. In August we'll be bringing home a sibling for the Piggy. Unfortunately, morning sickness struck with a vengeance the last few days of our Christmas break and has not let up since. I'm feeling slightly more human this week, so hopefully by the end of the month I'll be back in the swing of things.

In the meantime, Jared is doing pretty much all the household chores and I am dragging myself to and from work and lying on the couch for a couple of hours in the evening. It's been pretty demoralizing; however, when I think that next year at this time we will have TWO little kiddos underfoot, I know it is all worth it! After this, though, we will take a break; I told Jared I don't think I can do this again until I am retired and can endure this phase of pregnancy from the confines of my own home/bathroom and not wonder how I am going to strike this mythical "work-life balance" people speak of.

Oh, and in other news, my brother Devon is engaged to the lovely and talented Annette Reddoch, so we will be making a trip to California in May for the wedding. We're very excited for them!

That's the Hexberg update for now. This weekend I will try to post a few pictures of the aforementioned holiday and birthday.

7 comments:

Annie said...

SARAH! I am so so so excited for you. I hope the little 'Piggy' is ready to share the spotlight! I am so sorry about your sickness and crazy work life - hang in there!

Gerb said...

Hooray! Great news all around! Well, except for the sickness part. Congratulations!!

The last Unicorn said...

Yeah! The word is out!!! I am so happy for you guys. And congrats to your bro. Now you will be officially related to Ricky! I hope you feel back to "normal" soon :)

Wendy said...

Congrats on the new baby. Take care of yourself. Long Beach loves and misses you guys.

Cara said...

Bwha ha ha I already knew, Grandma does not keep secrets (maybe it wasn't one). Congrats and I hope the sickness fades soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new baby! Does this mean we need to start watching the "Little Porkchop" blog again?

Coulio said...

What the...!?! Congratulations! I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing that we learn about our friend's major life events via blog. I guess I'll just be grateful to get the updates. Hang in there! Sorry you're sick. It was fun at Christmas. I really enjoyed the evening, Thanks for doing it!

Love,
Jen