Loading...

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I wish I were British...

...so I could talk about someone "coming a cropper", respond to observations with an "I daresay", end phone calls with "Cheerio" and eat "take away" all without sounding ridiculous.

Must be nice...

5 comments:

Shalmeno said...

Okay, you got me: what on earth does "coming a cropper" mean? :-)

Noelle said...

I understand completely, Sarah! I could go "down the pub" and people wouldn't automatically assume I'm heading out to "get sloshed", but would consider the possibility that I might just want some bangers & mash "whilst" listening to a band. Amen!

Sarah said...

"Come a cropper" is a great expression to describe unfortunate events and unhappy endings. Here's a definition.

Sarah said...

Let me try that again -- Here's the definition.

Cara said...

Why do I have to continue through a content warning to your blog? Wierd. You must be offending someone! :)