Loading...

Thursday, October 23, 2008

To my adorable son

Dear Piggy,

When we brought you home from the hospital months and months ago you were a great sleeper. Back then I got all the sleep I wanted. Now the hours after 2 or 3 a.m. are a blur of nocturnal activity which usually culminate in me bringing you to bed with me so I can get at least one more hour of sleep before it's time to get up. We've bought a space heater, had your ears checked out, and made sure you're full when you go to bed. All to no avail.

Where did we go wrong?  I admit to feeling a little bitter yesterday when your grandma said that you've been taking wonderful, long naps at her house. I guess I should have realized what you're up to; you party all night with us and then go over there to sleep it off. 

Piggy, I'm at the end of a mostly frayed rope here. Please, please, please start sleeping again, OK? Thanks.

Love, 

Your Tired Mama

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Oh Sarah, my heart goes out to you and Jared! Good luck and you're in my prayers!

Cara said...

Chandler has been doing the the 3am party lately too. But he hasn't been taking long naps during the day so somewhere I am getting shorted!