Our little Piggy is eight months old today, and pretty much perfect in every way. I am feeling all weird and teary and nostalgic today, and I'm not even sure why. Maybe it's because remembering that he is so little also reminds me that I am getting so old.
I think it is dawning on me that Pork Chop and I will never have a house full of five or six or seven kids; at least, that seems very unlikely given our rapidly advancing age and present circumstances. So the Piggy might grow up with just one or two or, if he's lucky, three siblings and I feel a little sad about it. We will be a (relatively) small family, with (relatively) old parents.
Is feeling sad about that silly? I've always enjoyed the big-family dynamics, but I'm not sure it's meant to be. Gosh, I am getting myself all choked up here. Crazy.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sarah, I don't think you're crazy. I understand completely. I always wanted 4, but time is just not on my side. Thor will always be a perfect big brother though, no matter how many little siblings he has.
Should we all pray for you to have twins next?
I hear ya... tick tick tick! I've always wanted a big family too.
But look on the bright side... at least you have one, and he is beautiful!
You know having a large family should just be defined by the number of children. Think about the off-spring and your family additions through the world of adoption - lots of kids out there need homes who aren't infants or toodlers. You kids one day will have spouses, grand-children, and your friends will have kids that you can love as well.
You're right, guys, and thanks for all your nice comments. We are very lucky to have Thor, and additional kiddos would be a bonus! Carrie - Jared and I actually talk about adoption pretty often, and I can't really even say why... maybe it's in the cards for the future, though. Food for thought.
Post a Comment