Yesterday at work we ordered lunch from Quizno's. I was perusing the online menu and the sammies (I keep meaning to research where the term "sammie" originated. It sounds like something from a kids' menu.) looked pretty tempting, sort of like an open pita. I ordered one of those and at the last second threw a small cup of broccoli and cheese soup onto the order for good measure.
When the sammie arrived, I was astonished -- astonished at its smallness, that is. I don't consider myself a big eater and don't exactly need large portions to feel satisfied, but this thing was miniscule. Unfolded, it was maybe five inches across, and had a small dollop of meat and some tomatoes and ranch dressing inside. I've decided that sammies are like tacos. If you want an actual meal, you don't order just a single small taco and nothing else.
Luckily we have a drawerful of snacks here and I was able to heavily supplement my single-sammie lunch with a handful of Hershey's Nuggets here and there, all while contemplating whether I'll be able to make it through 30 Day Shred when it comes. Here's hoping.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment