Loading...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just my imagination?

I've noticed something in reading people's blogs, or at least I think I have. First, let me stress that this observation applies to bloggers I don't know; I'm not able to make objective conclusions about the blogs of people I know.

In the realm of strangers' blogs, it seems there is this phenomenon wherein certain bloggers seem to be surrounded by beautiful people. Not only are the bloggers and their families attractive, but they seem to have gorgeous friends, acquaintances -- even ward members. Their kids wear matching clothes and always have cute hair.

Then there are those bloggers who seem to live in a world populated by average-looking people. They look like folks I would run into at the grocery store on Saturday morning, and their friends and family sometimes have messy hair, skin problems, or less-than-perfect teeth.

Is it just me, or do good-looking people seek out other good-looking people, and vice versa? Could there be an alternative explanation? Maybe it has to do with photography and Photoshopping skills, although I think those talents will only take you so far. Are these bloggers just more selective about the pictures they post? Do they edit out the ugly aunts, uncles, and cousins, or only photograph them from afar? Just wondering here.

No comments: