Last night Jared was away for the night and I realized that the Piggy and I have never spent a night home alone since the Piggy was born. Before we had the baby, there were a number of times when Jared was out of town or I was traveling and we spent the night apart.
I felt much more vulnerable being home "alone" with the baby there. I'm not sure why this was the case; maybe I think it would be more difficult to flee an attacker with the baby, or maybe I am afraid of something happening to him if there were a break-in. As it turned out, I slept fine and wasn't ridiculously paranoid, but I definitely felt more alert than usual as I was going through the house last night, locking up and checking on windows and things.
I even considered letting the baby sleep in our bed with me, then decided that was silly and that I need to keep reenforcing good sleep habits, but I did let him stay up a little later than usual and watch the Olympics with me. He is a spoiled little fellow!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment