
Let me just give a shout-out to the drive-in as the perfect child-friendly movie experience. We've been wanting to get to the movies for a while, but it's tough with the little Pork Chop and I hate to leave him since I am already away from him a lot during the week.
So this weekend we decided it was time to try out the drive-in again. The baby was in a pretty good mood, but the great thing was that he was able to wallow around and shriek and yell and just generally be ridiculously cute and excited without disturbing anyone else. The movie was close enough to attract his interest, but not close enough to overwhelm him. We were able to control the volume so he didn't get freaked out. Being able to switch on an interior light occasionally to fish for a dropped pacifier or locate a burp cloth was fantastic. When Thor fell asleep partway through the first feature, we just tossed him into the back seat, where he snoozed peacefully for the rest of the time.
Last time we went to the drive-in I had morning sickness and was miserable, so it was nice to go back and remember why I am such a fan.
So this weekend we decided it was time to try out the drive-in again. The baby was in a pretty good mood, but the great thing was that he was able to wallow around and shriek and yell and just generally be ridiculously cute and excited without disturbing anyone else. The movie was close enough to attract his interest, but not close enough to overwhelm him. We were able to control the volume so he didn't get freaked out. Being able to switch on an interior light occasionally to fish for a dropped pacifier or locate a burp cloth was fantastic. When Thor fell asleep partway through the first feature, we just tossed him into the back seat, where he snoozed peacefully for the rest of the time.
Last time we went to the drive-in I had morning sickness and was miserable, so it was nice to go back and remember why I am such a fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment