Loading...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

BBC gems

Jared recently started watching the show Top Gear on BBCA. At first I thought it was going to be another annoying guy show like American Chopper, where I would just have to leave the room when it came on. It is, after all, a show all about cars.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the three stars of the show are a total crack-up, and always attempting something outrageously entertaining. The last episode we watched found them building their own amphibious vehicles and attempting to cross the English Channel in them. Imagine the surprise of some French sunbathers when a converted pickup truck came chugging up to the shore and three guys bailed out of it!

Anyway, if you're looking for some funny, quality programming, you might want to give this one a shot.

2 comments:

Karen Liu said...

I LOVE BBC America! I can't stop watching MI-5. And I really enjoyed an episode of You Are What You Eat. Have you checked out their website? www.bbcamerica.com

Sarah said...

Yeah, I have browsed around there a bit. You Are What You Eat is fascinating in the train wreck sense. My favorite part is where they show people the table stacked with what they ate for that week. Disgusting.