Loading...

Saturday, February 23, 2008

God Grew Tired of Us

We got this excellent movie from Netflix this weekend. I would recommend this to absolutely anyone. Jared and I enjoyed it immensely, and it was perfect for watching with a fussy baby, because portions of it are subtitled.

You can read the summary for yourselves, but seeing these guys experience American life was very eye-opening. It put in perspective for me a few of my own circumstances, and I consider myself fairly aware of how lucky we are.

Some of my favorite parts, which you might want to watch out for should you watch this:

* The "boys" getting a tour of their apartment for the first time. "We don't throw garbage out the window here." "This is the most important thing of all. It's called an alarm clock."

* John Bul asking about how Christmas is observed in America.

* Panther talking about what happened when he saw a woman crying in a grocery store.

No comments: