Loading...

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Farewell, freedom

This past weekend was what we assume will be our final weekend alone before the baby arrives. Jared and I spent some time discussing things we should think about doing since we will soon be more tied down. Honestly, we couldn't think of any particular activity that sounded all that great. Undoubtedly we will look back on this and laugh at our naivete, but on the other hand, Jared and I spent a lot of years as single people with tons of freedom, and in the time we've been married we've pretty much done what we felt like. Going to another movie, or out to eat one more time, or shopping, or whatever, just didn't sound like a big deal one way or another.

Ultimately, I stayed home on Saturday night and went to bed early and Jared went to the movies with my brother. On Sunday we had Jim and Joyce over for dinner, since it might be a few weeks or more before we are up to entertaining.

I'm sure there will be days, probably in the not-too-distant future, when I look back on these past 32 years and think I should have crammed more into them, but right now I feel like this phase of my life has lasted a good long while, and I'm not too sorry to be stepping into the next, with its new set of challenges.

1 comment:

Holly said...

My dearest brother, my goodness what a handsome man you have become. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and your lovely wife, Sarah! Children are such a wonderful blessing :D Dad called me yesterday with the exciting news of Thor's birth and let me know of your blogspot here. Thor's cousins were dancing around the house singing his praises- oh so excited to have a cousin--"THE ALMIGHTY THOR!!!" -- it was really cute :) It is very comforting to hear that the three of you are happy and doing well. I think of you often and always keep you in my prayers.
You will always be my little brother with a big piece of my heart. I love you.
Happiness & Blessings for you and your beautiful family.

Your big sister,
Holly
hhexberg@yahoo.com