Loading...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

I am just getting back into the swing of things (i.e., work) after a week and a half off. Coming back wasn't quite as painful as I feared it might be, probably in large part because I know that I am about to get 3 1/2 months of maternity leave.

Pork Chop and I got all kinds of things accomplished during the time off; we gathered up the remainder of the required baby stuff, acquired that much-needed vacuum, had some repairs done on Old Gray, updated all our insurance policies, and did a fair amount of reading and TV watching.

We spent New Year's Eve with John and Michelle, playing Yahtzee and watching them wrangle Paige, Johnny, and Coen. We spent New Year's Day with Glen and Jeannette, going shooting, playing Yahtzee, and watching them wrangle Isaac, Ella, and Ammon. It's funny to think that soon we will be wrangling our very own child.

I have some insights into how 2007 went and some of my goals for 2008 that I will post here in the next few days. Pork Chop informed me that he has given up on goals. I assume he is kidding, but I need to clarify because I am still troubled by that kind of statement. In any case, I know one goal we share is to not damage the Little Pork Chop too irreversibly in the next 12 months.

No comments: