Loading...

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Last night we went to see Beowulf. We went all out and got tickets for the 3D IMAX version. I'm not really that big of a movie person, but the 3D thing sucked me into this one. We both enjoyed it, although I must say that the plot was very so-so. The effects were novel enough to keep it fairly entertaining, though.

Jared made fun of the way I looked in the 3D glasses and insisted on taking a picture of me just outside the theater. Of course he couldn't get his camera phone configured correctly right away, so I was posing there for what felt like an eternity as everyone leaving the theater stared at us. I guess I did look kind of ridiculous.

As we were leaving, we had to pass through a security gate that beeps if you take a pair of glasses through. Apparently they cost the theater $50 a set! Why anyone would want these at home is beyond me...

2 comments:

Julia said...

How did you like the movie. My coworker seemed to find it offensive.

Sarah said...

There was a lot of CGI cleavage and near-nudity. It was kind of ridiculous, actually. Like I said, plot-wise it did little to nothing for me but I was entertained by the novelty of seeing an entire movie in 3D. I would never go see this movie just for the content.