Loading...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Obsessing

Last night Pork Chop and I stayed at my parents' house; they are out of the country and I am keeping an eye on my younger brothers, so to speak. In other words, I'm making sure that people are coming home at night and getting up and going to school and not killing the lawn or burning the house down. Nothing too big. There is also a little dog, Dan, on the premises. This transpired sometime last night, maybe when Jared came to bed; hard to say, since I fell asleep pretty early and was kind of incoherent when this took place.

Me: So, did everyone get to bed OK?

Jared: Yeah, but Dan was barking like crazy.

Me: Oh, really?

Jared: Yeah, but I took care of it. I went out and slapped him.

Me: I'm sorry; what did you do?

Jared: I slapped him.

Me: Oh. Did it work?

Jared: Sure. Dogs sometimes bark because they are obsessing, and you have to slap them to break the cycle.

Me: Wow. Well, OK. Is he all right?

Jared: He's fine.

Me: OK, if you say so.

Who knew dog psychology was so simple?

No comments: