It's time to turn in my laptop. The firm's lease on my beloved IBM is expiring and my illustrious employer will be replacing it with an HP. I am less than thrilled. Pork Chop wanted to look into purchasing the computer, but firm policy prohibits that for some reason. So... no luck. Off she goes, never to be seen again.
In fairness, this computer does have a few little quirks. There is something weird with Word that gives me an error message whenever I open it. I could always have Word re-installed, though.
Also, the letters on a few of the keys are almost completely rubbed off. Not that typing feels any different, but it does look a little odd. This laptop is far and away my favorite of the three I've had. I'm trying to have a good attitude about the change, but I am not looking forward to it.
Over time, the computer has booted up more and more slowly. Of course, I've bogged it down with an unbelievable amount of stuff, so I shouldn't be surprised about that, either. I guess there will be a few perks to the new one, but I feel surprisingly nostalgic about letting this one go.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment