Loading...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Living on the edge

We went swimming for Paige's birthday yesterday. Leading up to the outing, I was a little bit nervous because there had been a bunch of reports of cryptosporidium from public pools in the area. I told Jared he should try not to drink any of the pool water. He was pretty annoyed. "What do you mean, not drink any water? What if I get thirsty? I'm used to just being able to 'glug, glug' and it's taken care of." I told him he would have to use a drinking fountain or get a bottle of water. Once he understood the potential consequences, he was a little more compliant. Anyway, I'm pretty sure we're both fine, but in 7 to 10 days we'll know for sure.

The pool was actually a lot of fun, with the one drawback that there really isn't any deep water except in a couple of lap lanes. I like getting out over my head at least for a bit to tread water and mess around, but the vast majority of this pool is 3-4 feet deep since it's primarily a family destination and overrun with kiddies. Oh, well. It still felt great to get wet and cool off. For a person with six or seven swimsuits, I do surprisingly little swimming, so it was a nice change.

No comments: