Apparently Carrie and I had the same weekend. In addition to a few minutes of viewing The Sixth Sense, IKEA was on my agenda this Saturday. I haven't made it over there since the grand opening and I was really craving some meatballs. So a little after lunchtime I finally rolled over there. It was ridiculously crowded. I mean, I couldn't even move in the kiddie section (surprise, surprise). In addition to lunch, I was there to pick up one or two things -- an ergonomic pillow since my neck has been killing me, a cheapo lamp, and a stainless steel pot.
I gathered up my purchases and then checked out the restaurant. The place was a zoo. Every table was occupied and there was a huge line snaking outside just to get in. Ridiculous. It was worse than the food stand at Costco. I had to give up on my planned meatball lunch and just head out lunchless. I am hoping that over time the novelty will wear off and I will actually be able to have a semi-enjoyable excursion to IKEA, but knowing the way things work around here, that could be years away.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment