Loading...

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The great outdoors

We have a family reunion coming up, and I'm getting kind of excited. It's been a while since we camped, so we'll get to dust off the old tent. We also acquired some cots my parents were discarding last year. They are single cots that can be stacked as bunkbeds. I don't think Jared will go for the bunkbed configuration -- would probably make him claustrophobic -- but it could be kind of fun.

I think I get this from my dad, but organizing the gear is a big part of the camping fun for me. I have a surprising amount of gear, too. Between the two of us, Jared and I have our tent, a gas stove, lantern, camp chairs, cots, sleeping bags, shade tent, air mattresses, foam pads, tarps of various sizes, a cooler, and I even think that buried somewhere in my stuff is one of those outdoor shower bags. So I am already getting excited about loading up for our two nights in the wilderness -- if you can even call a place with showers and electricity a wilderness (you can't).

I used to really enjoy going up the canyon for an overnighter, but now that Jared is working six days a week, it just doesn't happen. One of these days...

No comments: