Loading...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's the simple things

I have to admit I am pretty excited about the American Idol finale, and frankly, I'm not exactly sure why. I was sad that Melinda left and I am somewhat indifferent between Jordin and Blake as potential winners, with maybe a slight preference for Blake because I hate to see a perfectly nice 17-year-old ruined by sudden fame and fortune. It might be too late for that in Jordin's, case, though.

On further consideration, I think a big part of my excitement is the fact that I have never made it this far into a season. I normally drop out a couple of months into the show when things get busy at work or other actual life activities intervene. I'm not sure whether it says something about my current work ethic or my general boring state at the moment, but there hasn't been much coming between me and American Idol this season, so I'm actually feeling a tiny bit invested in the show. Not invested enough to vote, though. It seems my opinion has never taken on sufficient importance to actually merit the effort required to pick up the phone and dial in a vote for a contestant. Maybe I should be worried.

No comments: