Loading...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

PTO - even better than sliced bread

Today feels like Friday to me for some reason. Too bad it's only Wednesday. Actually, I'm not that far from the weekend, because I am taking Friday off. Also Monday, but that won't be as fun because Jared will be back at work then. We're heading out tomorrow to visit Jonathan, Noelle, and the nephews and to celebrate Jared's birthday. I'm so excited -- warm weather, here we come!! It will certainly be a welcome change after the snow we had here today.

I actually had to bring the tomato plants in before work this morning, and it's a good thing I did - it was snowing by lunchtime. I checked the forecast to see if they are safe to leave outside while we are gone, and now I'm kind of nervous. It is only forecasted to get as low as 36 degrees, but if it drops much below that, goodbye tomatoes. Should I risk it? The problem is that there is really no place in our apartment that gets enough daylight to keep them in decent shape while we are gone... except possibly the bathroom, oddly enough. Unfortunately, the shower rod isn't strong enough to hold all of the pots. Seriously, this is ridiculous; plants shouldn't be this much work. The tomatoes had better be amazing.

I have a surprise for Jared for his birthday, and I have discovered something interesting about myself; I have a really hard time keeping a secret for long enough to really surprise someone. It's kind of depressing-- here I thought I was so disciplined and patient in my old age. Not so, not so.

No comments: