This morning I got up at a reasonable hour and put some stew from MGFK in the crock pot. Then I thought, hey, wouldn't it be nice to have some fresh bread to go with this when it's done? I quickly looked up a recipe on Allrecipes, then got my bread machine out and started to push some buttons and look at some settings. Unfortunately, at some point in one of my many moves, the LED display was apparently broken, so I have no idea what setting the machine is on. It still powers up and everything, and a portion of the display works, but I can't tell if it's a timed bake, a regular bake, or what. I pondered what to do, but finally decided just to toss the ingredients in, push a couple of buttons semi-haphazardly, then press "start" and see what happens. I guess the worst that could happen will be that it never bakes at all and I come home to a slush of ingredients that has to be thrown away.
Anyway, I was pretty irritated at yet another broken item. It seems like things are always breaking down on me - computers, DVD players, now bread machines. Usually they're pretty expensive things, and at least this was an item I received as a gift, so I wasn't as broken up about it as I might have been otherwise. When I got to work, I looked on Craigslist, and this girl was selling a new bread machine she got as a wedding gift for about $35. I could get a killer deal on eBay, but by the time I pay shipping, I'd be into it for the same amount of money and waiting for the thing to arrive. As is, Pork Chop stopped by and picked it up from her today. Perfect! Instant gratification - that's what we're all about here at the Hexberg household.
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment