Last night we went to see Flushed Away at a second-run theater. For a total of $6, we got two tickets, two popcorns, a candy, and a 16-oz drink which purported to be lemonade. The popcorn was approximately the same size as the drink, but it was fresh and actually quite tasty. Midway through the movie we decided to go all out and get two more popcorns, so our total layout was $8. Since it was mid-week, the theater was virtually deserted and we had our pick of squeaky seats.
The lobby had video games where we could have amused ourselves before the movie by playing games for a quarter each. We decided to forego that and instead we browsed through a close-out store next door and I picked up a set of pillowcases hand-embroidered in Vietnam for a mere $15. That seems like a lot, but they really are pretty cool and I could justify buying them on the basis that when we move again in the near future, they won’t add much bulk to the totality of our stuff.
You know, I realized just now that throughout the movie, I polished off the lemonade all by myself. I don't remember offering it to Pork Chop and I kept it in the cup holder on my side. Maybe he just suffered in silence with popcorn-induced thirst. I guess I need to start paying more attention to stuff in general.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment