Loading...

Monday, January 1, 2007

Quiet evening at home

We had homemade pizzas tonight. Jared made the crust and the sauce from scratch and I sliced up the toppings and washed a few dishes. There was even some feta on this section especially for me. Now the guys are watching the Tostitos® Fiesta Bowl.

Two years ago Julie and I were at the bowl when Utah played Pittsburgh. I think the most memorable thing about that game was the aftermath. There were a few hundred unruly Utes on the opposite side of the stadium from us who tried to rush the field when the game ended. Security had the area cordoned off pretty well, but it looked like the line was going to give any second and we were expecting a full-on riot. Suddenly, the whole crowd inexplicably receded. We read later that they tasered a bunch of people.

Lesson learned: Things are always much safer in the nosebleed section. And nothing beats the safety of your own living room couch.

No comments: