Well, I did it again today. I got all distracted and was trying to remember whether I had a client's number handy in order to make a call on my drive in to work and got all flustered about where I had left my gloves and ran off and left my delicious leftover taco in the refrigerator. So I am staving off starvation with this cream-of-chicken-from-powder soup. It appears to have some mysterious green seasoning in it, I grant you, but it must be dried parsley or something, because it is doing nothing for the flavor, which could best be described as vaguely chicken-ish with a hint of salt. Mm.
And for dessert:
Maybe I could have an entire menu one of these days comprised exclusively of envelope foods which I rehydrate. Backpackers do it, but I would want to do it on the cheap -- none of this gourmet chili or what have you. I'll check out the grocery store this weekend and see if it's feasible. If it goes well, maybe I could organize all my envelopes in a binder of some sort, and then when the need arises, just flip open to the "breakfast", "lunch", "dinner", or "midnight snack" tab as the occasion dictates. Sure would make life at the office easier.
No comments:
Post a Comment