Loading...

Friday, January 26, 2007

My kingdom for a heating pad

I have this weird tension knot in my back today. It's ridiculous that I'm just now piecing this together, but I did fall asleep on the floor in front of the TV last night, about 40 minutes into Howard's End. (At this rate, I figure I'll be lucky to get through it inside of a week.) I couldn't seem to wake up enough to drag myself to bed, so I ended up spending the whole night there, if you can call five hours a whole night. So that might have something to do with it.

Anyway, it's one of those things where you know that if you could lie flat on your back, you could stretch the muscles out. However, I am at work, and wearing a skirt to boot (I'm also wearing boots, if that doesn't hopelessly confuse the matter), and ours is not the kind of work environment where people lie idly on the floor. I've just had to endure the discomfort. I'm contemplating getting an ICY HOT® patch and some BENGAY* for my desk drawer as a preventative measure. This busy season stuff is taking it out of me, I tell you.

On a happier note, I just had a pleasant thought -- there's still some of yesterday's mini ice cream in the freezer! Catch you later.

No comments: