Pork Chop was sick again last night, running a fever and generally achy and flu-ish. I think this is the fourth time since we've been here that he's caught some random bug. Oddly, I seem to be trudging right along without so much as a sniffle. I guess I long ago acquired a resistance to the local maladies.
I didn't realize he was sick until I heard him calling my name in a plaintive voice from the bedroom while I was trying to do some work. As it turns out, he actually tried to call me on my cell phone to tell me to come in and start the shower for him. When that didn't work, he was reduced to hollering from the next room. I'm not entirely certain why he didn't start the shower himself, but whatever -- I like being indulged when I'm sick, so I guess I can return the favor.
Once I was satisfied that the water was warm enough, I got him into the shower and then bundled him up until the Tylenol kicked in and his fever broke. I tried to work in the same room where he was sleeping, but he kept waking up and complaining incoherently about my laptop keyboard being too noisy (sure proof that there was something wrong with him -- he sleeps with the TV blaring practically every night). At around 11:00 I gave up on work and went off into the other room and watched Howard's End by myself. Well, to be honest, I only made it through about 20 minutes. It seems promising, though; I'm looking forward to finishing it tonight.
So Pork Chop is feeling a little better this morning and went off to work; I made him take a stash of Liquid Tyenol Severe Cold just in case. If things keep going this way, I'll have to get him an ankle flask so he can have a supply on hand at all times. These Mormon viruses (viri?) are tough.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment