There are a few ways that I get through this horrific time of year at work. One way is simple avoidance; I refuse to think about everything that must be accomplished in the next few months and try to think about one day at a time. This has its own dangers, but at least it keeps my psyche more or less intact.
Another thing that I find myself doing a lot, though, is thinking about all the vacations I'd love to take when busy season is finally over. I won't take most of them -- in fact, if I'm honest with myself, I'll be lucky to take one trip this year -- but I love planning them. Today, for example, while I ate my Maruchan Instant Lunch, I priced out a trip to Mexico and a road/camping trip. I also toyed with the idea of a trip to Hawaii. Finally, I did some cursory research on a Nascar trip for Jared's birthday, but he'll have to make the final decisions on that one, because I have no idea which event tickets to buy; are the deluxe ones worth it at all, or should I go completely cheapo? Lucky for him, there is actually a Saturday race on his birthday -- an extremely rare convergence of events.
I guess it's like the donkey and the carrot -- if the carrot were made of styrofoam and the donkey had to hold it out in front of himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment