1. I'm the new Primary pianist at church. Honestly, this is possibly the easiest calling in the church for a decent pianist. The only thing easier is Relief Society pianist, which involves about a five minute commitment a week -- long enough to play three hymns. Primary pianist is a little more involved in that you usually play for a total of a half hour or so. It has the advantages of no mid-week time commitment, no meetings and really a minimum of responsibility. It's not really conducive to meeting people, but it is perfect for busy season. Also, perfect for this situation, where we're temporary residents and likely to pack up camp any time.
2. I finally watched New York Doll. I loved it -- unreservedly.
3. On Saturday night Ethan came over and we had some Costco pizza and then went to see Pursuit of Happyness. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but that movie stressed me out. In general, I find more and more that I like movies for escapism, and really intense drama I prefer in written format. That way I can limit a lot of the details to the capacity of my own imagination. Cowardly, probably, but it seems like there's enough suffering, tragedy, and so on in reality that I just can't justify spending time, money, and frankly, emotional resources on the ones that Hollywood chooses to repackage and regurgitate for us. This is not without exception, but I can only take it in small doses.
4. I really want to find a nice, warm track suit with long enough legs. Aaagghhhh! This problem has plagued me for years. Track suits are made for virtual dwarves, it seems. On nights when I don't want to go to the gym at some crazy hour, it would be great to come home and throw on my own little track suit and go for a quick walk around the neighborhood with Jared. Who am I kidding? If I had a cute little track suit, I would wear it everywhere.
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment