Things have been a little "rocky" around these parts. Ha ha! Ha ha! Get it? Seriously, though, Rocky has been sick for about a week now. It's just a cold, but of course those hit newborns hard. He snuffles through most of the night and on a bad night I really lose track entirely of how many times I'm up with him. He's really fussy during the day which makes it challenging to get things done. Hopefully we are nearing the end of this illness, for both our sakes.
Accordingly to my somewhat unscientific methods of weighing the Rockster, he's about ten pounds now and he no longer seems like a teensy-tiny newborn any more. It's amazing how quickly you adjust to caring for something so small, and the baby changes just as quickly, it seems.
I've lost a lot of the pregnancy weight, but have about ten pounds to go and I'd like to lose another five pounds after that. Only a couple of pairs of pre-pregnancy pants fit me (snugly), and I really need to lose some more weight in the next couple of months to avoid having to buy a new work wardrobe. That is NOT an investment I want to have to make right now, so starting next week I plan to go to the gym a few times a week after the kids are in bed.
I'm also trying not to eat anything after dinner, since I have been getting ravenous in the evenings and snacking like crazy, which is unusual for me. I know I need extra calories because of the nursing, but there has to be a balance. That's the (immensely interesting, I'm sure) postpartum update.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a rough week. Hope Rocky start letting you sleep... that alone will help with the weight. But really... I cant imagine you 15 lbs lighter than your pre-pregnancy weight. You will disappear!
Post a Comment