Loading...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Baby this week

I went to my (apparently final) OB appointment today and they said that at 39+ weeks I am far enough dilated that they could induce me any time if I were interested. I would be tempted to wait it out except that Jared starts his new semester a week from Monday and so having the baby come soon and being back on my feet before he start classes would be great.

Besides, on #3 I feel like things are probably going to be fairly quick and uneventful (knock on wood) so we're going to go for it. The induction is scheduled for Friday morning, which gives us one more day to get a few last-minute things taken care of (e.g., I realized today that we haven't bought a single diaper for this baby. Might be worth looking into.)

I'll probably do some grocery shopping and take care of a few household chores that Jared is unlikely to get to while I'm in the hospital. I told the kids that the new baby is coming on Friday, but I might as well have told them he was coming for Christmas, since they have no concept of days of the week yet (except they know we go to church on Sundays).

Final countdown -- it's exciting!!

2 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

so exciting! cant wait to meet the newest Hexberg :) Good luck and praying everything will go quick and smooth.

Annie said...

Yea! So excited for you all!