Loading...

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Snap, crackle, pop

Thor recently discovered the joy of (generic brand) Rice Krispies. He now asks for “pop cereal” for breakfast, lunch, and occasionally dinner. Unfortunately for him, we aren’t total pushovers. This morning I had the rare treat of having breakfast with the kids before work. I poured Thor’s cereal and brought it in to him at the kitchen table, where he promptly exclaimed, “Mom, listen! It’s popping! Can you hear it, Mom? Here, put your ear on it!!” I assured him I did not need to ‘put my ear on it’ – that in fact I had heard the popping when I poured the milk on.

 

Winnie complacently ate her (generic brand) bowl of Cheerios, unaware of all the excitement she was missing out on. Oh, well -- soon enough she will be old enough to appreciate the more entertaining elements of a nutritious breakfast.

No comments: