Loading...

Monday, April 18, 2011

Shortcut

Saturday afternoon, I was sitting out in the back yard enjoying the (all too brief) warm weather while Winnie napped and Thor and Jared ran errands. Suddenly I heard the side gate open and Thor careened into the yard, very excited. He actually lost his footing and collapsed onto the grass. Then he picked himself up and shouted “We got a shortcut!” I assumed he was referring to the fact he had come through the side yard instead of through the house. He repeated again “Mom, mom --  we got a shortcut!”

 

Then Jared appeared, holding a puppy. Thor had already christened her Shortcut on the car ride home. (Don’t ask – we don’t know where he gets this stuff.) We had talked about getting a second dog, but Jared had a chance encounter with her at a pet adoption expo while running a separate errand. She’s an 8 week old coonhound/lab mix and absolutely adorable. Dan (our inherited Jack Russell) is so far being quite tolerant about the whole thing and while Winnie is fairly indifferent to Shortcut, Thor is completely in love with her.

 

When I left for work this morning, Jared, Thor, and Shortcut were snuggling on the bed, with Thor alternately hugging the puppy and saying things like, “She’s biting me, Daddy! Shortcut, that’s naughty! Daddy, tell Shortcut it’s naughty!”  I did take a bunch of pictures of her with the kids this weekend and I’ll hopefully have time to sort through and post some tonight.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Post a pic of the newest addition. I missed you all on Saturday. I hope you are doing well.

Noelle said...

Oh that sounds like fun! You all are just full of new additions!