In case you hadn’t noticed, I am turning into a big whiner about this pregnancy. The other two weren’t exactly a picnic, but this pregnancy has easily been the worst so far. And no, I haven’t had a Zofran pump or a home IV or any serious health complications or anything, but things have been far from pleasant in a grinding, relentless way, starting back before Christmas. The morning sickness finally started easing up around week 20; I was only having to take Zofran a few times a week at that point and had gone almost a full week without throwing up. Several weeks ago I had a few days where I thought, “Wow, THIS is how it feels to have the energy to do dishes, start a load of laundry, and take a bath IN THE SAME EVENING.”
Then the kids got sick. Cue nights of sleeplessness, renewed exhaustion, and accompanying nausea. It went on for weeks and multiple rounds of antibiotics. Then I got sick. Cue more nights of sleeplessness, headaches, and sinus congestion, together with accompanying nausea. However, I am feeling like the virus is slowly trailing off. The area around my right eye socket is now only slightly tender to the touch and I am only having a few coughing fits a day. The exhaustion is lifting. The nausea is intermittent and entirely manageable.
I have a little less than four months left. Four months until our tiny new baby is here and I can get my usual strength back. I’m really looking forward to it. When I look at Winnie and Thor, the moments of pregnancy sickness and discomfort seem like a fleeting memory. It will be nice to feel that way about this one, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment