Loading...

Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving laissez-faire a try

The other day a coworker whose son is exactly a year younger than Thor asked me if I could recommend a kid's toilet for potty training. Well, she had me. I've been postponing potty training for a variety of reasons. It has nothing to do with an aversion to messes and everything to do with not being sure how to begin. There's the added complication of having to rely on others to do a lot of the work since I'm not around to supervise toileting most days.

The coworker's inquiry was the kick-start I needed and I researched and bought a potty which is working out great. So far Thor is doing pretty well about number 1. He is a little more reluctant about pooping in the potty. I won't bore you with details, but we're on our way. I was thinking maybe we would get this behind us by Christmas, but now... maybe by this spring. Time will tell.

In other news, yesterday as we were getting ready for church I yelled to Jared, who was in the other room, that I couldn't find Thor's sweater. Thor followed me around the house saying, "Mom, where's my sweaty? You can't find my sweaty, Mom?" It makes me feel a little sweaty just thinking about it.

No comments: