Loading...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Conversations with a Piggy, continued

Him: I’m two.
Me: That’s right. How old is Daddy?
Him: He’s three.
Me: No, he’s a lot older than that.
Him: Daddy’s old?
Me: Yes.
Him: Daddy’s an old guy?
Me: Yes, he is.
Him: He’s an old man?
Me: Yep.
Him: He’s an old daddy?
Me: Mm-hm.
 
At this point I changed the subject, since it appeared he was prepared to mull over Daddys geriatric state indefinitely.
 
Him: Read me a story.
Me: OK, let’s read a story.
Him: Let’s read scary pants.
Me: Um… OK (clueless as to what hes talking about)
Him: (Picking out a Dr. Seuss book we got at the library) This one.
Me: OK, let’s read it.
 
Partway through, after the Star-Bellied Sneetches, we actually get to a story about scary pants with nobody in em.
 
Him: I’m SCARED!!
Me: No, you’re not.
Him: You’re scaring me!
Me: You’re not scared.
Him: OK.