5:45 AM - Wake with a start, realize I have a conference call starting in 15 minutes. Roll out of bed and stumble into the office.
6:00 AM - Conference call
7:00 AM - A half hour break between conference calls. I grab some breakfast and dash into the shower. I am out in time to dial in for my next call. I put the call on speakerphone and mute and quickly comb my hair, apply deodorant, and throw on some jeans. Winnie is awake and playing in her crib. Bub is still sleeping. Jared is leaving for class.
8:00 AM - Conference calls end. Winnie has fallen back asleep. Bub is stirring. I get them both up, hastily grab some clean clothes for the kiddos, and run us all across the street barefoot to my parents' house. Drop off kids and run back in time for my next conference call.
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM - Continue working. Take occasional breaks to use the restroom and let Dan out to do his business.
6:00 PM - Make sure Bub is doing OK with my dad. Rush into the kitchen to start throwing together a fruit salad. I have 15 minutes to get it made, get myself somehow presentable (never found time to do my hair or makeup or put on shoes) and get to a Relief Society activity. My mom is already there, since the two of us are chairing the food committee (a lot of help I've been). Winnie will be going with me.
6:05 PM - Winnie is crying. Jared fed her before he left for his night class, so she can't be hungry. Maybe she's thirsty? I pick her up and offer her water through a straw. She takes a couple of sips, then without warning vomits all over me, herself, and the dining room floor.
6:06 PM - I am rooted to the spot in disbelief. Dan seizes the opportunity to rush in and begin licking up the mess. I am momentarily annoyed, then realize this will make the clean up much simpler. I grab a wet rag to finish up the job.
6:08 PM - Winnie is acting fine, like nothing has happened. She must have gagged herself with the straw. I call my mom to let her know there's been an unexpected development and we'll be a little later than anticipated. I start searching for new outfits for both of us.
6:15 PM - We are both dressed (again). I start throwing together the fruit salad.
6:20 PM - Fruit salad is done. I rush into the bathroom and hastily apply some rudimentary makeup. I start scrounging up a snack for Winnie. Now she really IS hungry.
6:25 PM - Fruit salad packed, diaper bag packed, snacks located, car seat installed (Jared took Winnie's car seat to school so I borrow the extra one we keep at my mom's house).
6:30 PM - Arrive at the Relief Society activity drenched in sweat, lugging Winnie in one hand, fruit salad in the other. Too stressed out to have a good time.
8:30 PM - Arrive home. Find Jared and Bub watching TV. Bub has a dirty diaper and is refusing to let Jared change it.
9:00 PM - Bub is in his pajamas, Winnie has been nursed to sleep, Jared has read Bub his bedtime stories.
9:05 PM - Make a half-hearted effort at cleaning up the kitchen, then opt to sit down and write this blog post instead before logging in to finish up some work.
Tomorrow is supposed to be a half day. It had better be.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment