This is Thor's pronunciation of "snuggles". When he's tired, he'll come to me and say, "Mama, sun-gull you." Because he still seems to think his name is "you", I think this is his way of asking me to snuggle him, rather than an offer to snuggle me. Either way, he makes himself understood.
Last night he woke up crying at 2 in the morning. I later put together that this was because he was coming down with a cold and was congested. In the moment, all that was clear was that he wanted some snuggles. I brought him to bed with us and stroked his hair until I dozed off. He promptly woke me up with his "Mama, sun-gull you. Sun-gull you." So I kept stroking his hair until he fell asleep. How can you resist that?
It's also extra-flattering because he does not snuggle Jared. He actually gets irritated if Jared asks for snuggles. He intuitively knows that men don't snuggle, so now Jared asks just to annoy him.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment