I bought Winnie-baby a hot pink, ruffly skort that I thought would be great for the summer weather that we keep thinking is right around the corner. I’m not much for ruffles when it comes to my own clothes, but ruffles + chub = cute. Unbearably cute. I eyeballed the skort and thought it looked like a decent length; after all, I didn’t want my baby sporting a mini-skort. The thing is, Winnie spends most of her time on all fours with the skort bunched up around her waist and her chubby thighs mostly exposed. Of course, I think it’s adorable. Those thighs are just begging to be squeezed. But as it turns out, she’s getting barely more coverage than she would have in a diaper. Is this OK? I think it is. Will I know when it’s no longer OK?
I still let Bub run outside in his diaper if he wants to. He doesn’t go around all day like that, but if he’s just had his diaper changed and I haven’t quite gotten his pants or shorts back on and I go to let Dan out and he dashes out too, I don’t make a fuss. I let him take baths in a plastic tub on our back patio, and if the neighbors happen to get an eyeful, well… so be it. I haven’t noticed any overly-interested onlookers, if you know what I mean. So, modesty for babies/toddlers. What is it? Is there such a thing?
1 comment:
I am not really for seeing little toddler/babies in bikinis or anything. But there is something pretty cute about an escaping toddler in a diaper! I think it comes down to dress the child for their age, I don't like seeing little girls dressed like teens or adults.
Post a Comment