Loading...

Friday, June 4, 2010

It finally happened

OK, I admit it. I forgot our anniversary. I remembered last week that it was coming up and we had an ever-so-brief discussion about it that I’m fairly certain ended because one or both of us fell asleep. So no plans were made and since we are very busy on weekdays, any plans would have had to wait until this weekend anyway.
 
So yesterday I called Pork Chop because he was late getting home from school and the kids were at my mom’s house and they needed to go down for naps and I was busy with some conference calls. And when I asked where he was he said, “A flower shop.”  And I was SO clueless that I was thinking, “Huh… I wonder why he’s getting flowers.” But I didn’t have time to wonder for long because I had to get back to work. And FINALLY when he actually got home and GAVE me the flowers and the card it occurred to me that it was our anniversary. I know, I know – so romantic. I also neglected to take a picture of the flowers because I kept meaning to move them to a spot with better lighting but I was wrangling piggies all evening and it never happened.
 
We are going out tonight to celebrate. I have to say, it’s kind of fun to be surprised by your own anniversary (although I sincerely hope I remember it next year). Here’s to four great years!
 

1 comment:

Annette said...

Props (am I still allowed to use that word?) to Jared for remembering...you got yourself a good husband!