Loading...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

success, as far as I can tell

Since I have bored everyone to tears with tales of Winnie’s sleep troubles, I thought I owed it to my audience to confess that the crying it out seems to have worked. The first several nights were rough – multiple half-hour episodes of crying/screaming throughout the night – and then we turned a corner. I can now put Winnie in bed awake when I know she is getting a little drowsy and she will fuss for maybe five minutes and then sleep (mostly) through the night. I occasionally hear another few minutes of fussing around midnight or 1:00, but by the time I am awake enough to consider going in, she is winding down and going back to sleep.
 
On Saturday I woke up at 8:30 and I thought something must be wrong. I hadn’t slept that late in over a year and I couldn’t hear either of the kids. They were both fine – just sleeping in. That was a welcome treat. My evenings are less stressful because I’m not dreading hours of bedtime routine and interruption after interruption. I can actually contemplate doing a few chores, reading, or watching an entire movie. So what will I do with my newfound freedom? Probably start going to the gym a few nights a week. It’s long overdue.
 

1 comment:

Cara said...

Does this have anything to do with the book I told you about? Congrats!