Loading...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ferberizing

Now that everyone is healthy (Winnie burst out with a strange rash last weekend at the conclusion of what we now know to be roseola), let the sleep training begin!

Last night I was exhausted. I kept falling asleep in front of an episode of Castle, or starting to fast forward through commercials, dozing off, and coming to abruptly having fast forwarded way too far. So I headed off to bed, knowing that Winnie would probably start crying any time and I would have to lie there and listen to her cry for 15 minutes or so before going in to her.

At some point I became vaguely aware that there was some crying going on. Apparently it stopped, though, because the next thing I knew, Jared was crawling into bed and all was quiet. Then again later in the night there was another small outburst. Again, I was so tired that I was only vaguely aware of it, even though Winnie was in the room right next door.

Finally, at 5:00 this morning she fussed a bit and I decided to go feed her. She fell right back asleep after the feeding and had to be woken at 8:00 when I needed to leave. Jared said she cried for a total of about 15 minutes last night. Fantastic!! We are all feeling so well-rested today.

Hopefully this will continue to be a relatively easy transition. After nearly eight months of sleeplessness, I feel like I've paid my dues.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Have I mentioned this book to you yet? "Healthy Habits, Happy Child" This book saved me. It was hard the first couple of days but before age 1 Chandler was sleeping from 7-7. My neighbors told me about it. It is worth checking out at the library!