Loading...

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Los visitantes

Jared's parents are spending a couple of days with us. I've been trying to tell Thor that Grandma and Grandpa Hexberg are coming, but unfortunately he's not quite able to understand such abstract concepts yet or he's unable to articulate that he understands. I suspect that their arrival today will still come as a complete surprise to him.

I was wondering a couple of months ago how it would be to wake up and go through your normal morning routine, then suddenly board a plane and have Mom and Dad whisk you off somewhere for a couple of weeks. Or how about getting into the car, assuming it's a quick errand as usual, only to still be riding along 10+ hours later en route to California? Visitors come and go seemingly with no rhyme or reason -- being a little guy must be disconcerting.

No comments: