I roped Jared into helping me with some canning this month. The weather was kind of strange this summer and we were late getting our garden in, so we haven't really done any canning out of that, but our apple tree went crazy and we were offered some Concord grapes that grow on one of my parents' rental properties.
We ended up with over 110 jars of applesauce and 9 gallons of grape juice concentrate, plus an assortment of jellies. Heaven only knows when we will get through it all.
Afterward we spent an entire day cleaning the kitchen -- scrubbing every surface and cleaning the stove.
A few pictures of the process:




4 comments:
Wow and somehow I am not convinced to start canning!
Maybe I can mooch some applesauce off of you when I'm home for Christmas?
well I know what I will be receiving for Christmas...yummy - applesauce. I hope you post some receipes that call for applesauce and grape juice.
You guys are so brave - I can barely cook dinner with one child running around, let alone canning with two!
Post a Comment