OK, I was really nowhere close to death, but it seemed like I was. Being somewhat foolish and short-sighted, I wore heels and a skirt today, then a series of events led to me hiking all over lower Manhattan -- I estimate I walked three miles today in those ridiculous shoes -- and my feet are so bruised and blistered I may never be the same. I was honestly a bit surprised that they were not bleeding when I got my shoes off.
I told Jared I haven't been in this much pain since the Piggy was born. On my way back to the hotel, it was so bad that I seriously contemplated either detouring to buy some flats (I probably should have done this, actually) or taking my shoes off and walking back in my stocking feet. That would have given a whole new meaning to "barefoot and pregnant"; my pride (and a reasonable sense of hygiene) just wouldn't let me do it.
Oh, well... I'm back to pants and loafers for the foreseeable future.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment