Loading...

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The enforcer

Last night Jared and I went to see the Nutcracker. It was the first time I've seen it performed live, and it was more enjoyable than I had thought it would be. 

During intermission, Jared slipped out to get me a bottled water. I was sipping water as the curtain went up and the second act began. Just then I heard a suspicious crinkling noise. I looked over and saw that Jared had hastily closed his hand over something.

Me (in a tiny whisper):  What is that?
Jared:  What?
Me:  What is in your hand?
Jared:  Nothing.
Me (in an exasperated whisper):  Come on; what's in your hand?
Jared:  Just some wadded-up toilet paper.
Me:  Give me a break. Open your hand.

It turned out to be a fist-sized bag of jelly beans. I guess he was hoping he wouldn't have to share. Ha.

No comments: