A few hours later when we were heading home, I got a call from Pork Chop saying that the baby had continued to refuse any fluids and was acting really miserable, so he looked up an urgent care facility near our new house and took him in. He had an ear infection and Pork Chop had already had the prescription called in to a 24-hour pharmacy.
On one level I felt like a neglectful parent because I hadn't taken care of this on my watch; on the other hand I was really glad that I married someone who is willing to step in and handle situations. The Piggy is now doing much better and we are finally enjoying some quality sleep.
Last week on my way to work one of my tires blew out. Not just a slow-leak type puncture, but a complete shredding of the tire. Jared was a couple of minutes behind me on the freeway since he was heading the same direction for school, and he was able to come to my rescue.
Imagine my consternation when Jared opened the trunk to get out the spare tire, and had to move a pile of bricks to get to it. That's right. A pile of bricks. I have no idea where they came from or what they were intended for. All I know is that in this age of rising gas prices, I've been commuting about a hundred miles a day with bricks in my trunk. Go figure.
2 comments:
What job are you working at? I haven't read a single thing about the transition...please bring us avid readers up to date.
Sincerely,
East Coast
For confidentiality reasons, I cannot elaborate on my job here on the blog (really - it is a condition of my employment). However, we do need to talk!! I'll give you a buzz this weekend. Hope all is well out there in DC land.
Post a Comment